There are certain products that you simply can't do without like your mascara and a lipstick in your best shade. But before you even consider your eye and lip shades, you need to use a good make-up base.
- After applying an eye base, choose one of the lightest colours from your eye shadow palette and with a blender brush, apply over the entire eye area. The base colour, also known as the highlight shade, will ensure that further colours will blend together.
- Take an angled brush and apply a neutral, medium-depth colour, known as a contour shade, if you want to shade or contour any area of the eye. Now apply the strongest or accent colour using the same brush to give eye definition.
- Using a blender brush and your blender shade, which should also be a medium, neutral-depth shade, blend all the colours together to give an even look all over. This will prevent blocks of colour or harsh edges between the contour shade and the accent colour.
- Smile while applying a small amount of lip base distributing it evenly and smoothly. Allow to dry for 15 seconds before applying lipstick.
- Apply your lip pencil using the tip of the pencil, outline the whole of the mouth to stop the lipstick bleeding. Then, using the side of the point of the pencil, fill in the rest of the lips to give colour and depth to your lipstick or gloss.
- Load a lip brush with your lip colour and work the lipstick thoroughly into the bristles of the brush. Smile and apply lipstick all over the lips. Blot with a tissue, re-apply and blot again to remove any excess grease from the lipstick.
NEW Eye Shadow and Lipstick Base
Brand new for Autumn - colour me me beautiful have launched their new base (£9.45), which grabs colour brilliantly, so you can ensure your eye shadow and lipstick stay in place longer. It's two products in one, so it takes up less space and, you won't have to keep reapplying your make-up.
Colour me beautiful have added some gorgeous new shades to the lipstick collection in spring and are now launching three more for autumn, which are available to order from me directly: Cinnamon, Joy and Soft Plum (all priced at £13.15 each). Colour is the quickest way to update your look and a new lipstick shade is the easiest first step. Reds, rusts and plums are the shades to be seen in for the new season, so pick your perfect lipstick look.
Cinnamon: Warm, Deep & Warm, Soft & Warm,
Joy: Cool and Clear, Clear and Cool
Soft Plum: Cool, Deep and Cool, Clear and Cool